In 2004-2013, SEGURA Consulting implemented the Regional Competitiveness Initiative (RCI), a project funded by the Europe & Eurasia Bureau of USAID in Washington. The goal of RCI was to improve competitiveness across the Europe and Eurasia region by engaging the efforts of bilateral USAID Missions, USAID Projects, and other local stakeholders, to leverage core competencies and create regional synergies.
RCI specifically addressed all three levels of intervention required to improve competitiveness: enterprise; industry; and policy, and encouraged regional cooperation among USAID missions and projects throughout the Europe and Eurasia region. RCI's field of action spanned 11 countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia and Ukraine.
For more information please visit the RCI Website.
Regional competitiveness activities add value, complemented, and bolstered the efforts of bilateral missions by solving problems beyond the scope of individual countries.
- Information Communications Technology (ICT) - Brought together the leading ICT companies in the region to improve their products, development processes and productivity, and to work together on joint projects for outsourcing or e-Government tenders, regionally or globally.
- Agribusiness - Increased economic growth through expanded production and sales of agricultural products to reduce food imports, expand food exports, increase jobs, and expand the breadth and depth of incomes for farmers, agribusinesses, and related market participants.
- Tourism - Assisted the region in increasing the knowledge and collaboration between stakeholders within sectors through numerous and different types of events targeted to business networking and regional collaboration.
- Regional Investment Promotion - Presented investment opportunities to investors and increases the chances of foreign direct investment within the region, a critical element in economic advancement and upgrading, and was especially relevant during the global financial crisis.
- Workforce Development - Reviewed experiences and potentials for workforce development activities, leading to pilot projects with potential for regional implementation.
RCI Legacy Websites
Western Balkans Online Mapguide: an integrated tool that promotes the region as a single destination
Quality2IT: a platform for the regional capacity in IT Training and Certification.
IT2Business: a catalogue for cross sector links between ICT solution developers and companies from other economic sectors.