Under funding from the World Bank, SEGURA Consulting has been commissioned to assist in various technical services as part of an ongoing effort for sector reform. Including:
Economic and Financial Evaluation for Projects in Teresina and Espiritu Santo - Brazil
- The ongoing Teresina project has the following objectives:
- (i) modernize and improve the management capacity of Teresina Municipal Government in the financial, urban environmental, service-delivery, and economic development fields, and;
- (ii) improve the quality of life of the low-income population of the Lagoas do Norte region of the city.
- The economic evaluation will assess the expected impacts that the proposed activities will have on the community and the city of Teresina. The evaluation will include new costs and will compare them to expected benefits to measure the contribution to the development of the city and welfare of its population.
Economic and Financial Analyses for the ICR of the Sao Luis Municipal Project ICR
- The economic evaluation will be based on actual achievements of the Sao Luis Enhancing Municipal Governance and Quality of Life Project (Program Bacia do Bacanga), whose objective was improving public service in the Bacanga Basin of Sao Luis Municipality, and enhancing the capacity of the city government in promoting local economic development and municipal management.
- The evaluation will be conducted for all activities in which the project was focused on, such as: integrated investment in water, sanitation, macro drainage, urban and environmental improvements. Some of them had challenges on implementation arrangements that affected their execution, such as the rehabilitation of the Bacanga Dam, and municipality environmental management, this will be noted in the analysis and was captured in the restructuring paper of December 2013.
- The analysis will evaluate if actual interventions impacted positively the development of the Municipality of Sao Luis and compare the expected returns with those actually achieved. Actual costs and benefits will be included in the analysis and both will be compared with those foreseen at time of preparation (2007) and restructuring (2013). For the analysis the flow of costs and benefits will be transformed to 2007 prices and 2013 price to make them comparable with those foreseen at the time.
Economic and Financial Analyses of the Plan PAZcifico: WSS Infrastructure & Service Delivery Project; and the Initiative of Applying Integrated Urban Management in Uruguayan Cities
- Economic and financial evaluation conducted on the basis of the objectives of the Plan PAZcifico: WSS Infrastructure & Service Delivery Project, which are: a) to improve coverage and service quality for water supply and basic sanitation in urban areas in the municipalities of Tumaco and Guapi; and b) to support utility institutional performance in these two municipalities.
- The methodology will follow the current OP/BP 10.00 guidelines established by the World Bank for this type of evaluation. The economic evaluation will estimate the impact of the project on the development of the municipalities of Tumaco and Guapi. It will test the efficiency of the proposed investment, comparing expected benefits to associated costs. It will examine the justification of public financing and the value added of the Bank.
- The financial evaluation will test the financial sustainability of the investment and if results show no-viability, it will present alternate scenarios to fund the financial gap. The analysis will include tariffs regulation and financial arrangements already in place for WSS services.
Economic and Financial Analyses of the Cutzamala System (Mexico)
Financial evaluation of the Cutzamala System consists of the analysis of current and projected financial situation of the Cutzamala system. It evaluates: a) the current financial arrangements among the institutions in charge of the system, either operating, investing, or charging from it; and b) financial cash-flow resulting from the system under current and projected scenarios. The financial viability of the OCAVM will be evaluated and a comparison of budget limits along the years will be included in the analysis.
Economic Analysis for the ICR of the Municipality of Santos Project: Santos Novos Tempos
The economic evaluation is based on actual achievements of the Municipality of Santos Project: Santos Novos Tempos. The analysis evaluates if actual interventions positively impacted the development of the Municipality of Santos and compare the expected returns with those actually achieved.
Update the Economic and Financial Analysis for the ICR of the Basic Municipal Service Project. Argentina Republic
The update the economic evaluation will review that the evaluation was based on actual achievements of the Basic Municipal Service Project in Argentina. The analysis will evaluate if actual interventions positively impacted the development of the Municipalities and compare the expected returns with those actually achieved.
Update the Economic and Financial Analyses of the ICR of the Buenos Aires Infrastructure Sustainable Development Project Phase I
The economic evaluation will examine that actual achievements of the Buenos Aires Infrastructure Project for Water Supply, Sanitation, and Drainage Interventions were properly included. The revision will evaluate if actual interventions in fact impacted positively the development of the Province of Buenos Aires and compare the expected returns with those actually achieved. It will also review if actual costs and benefits were included in the analysis and compared with those foreseen at time of preparation (2004) and restructuring (2010); as well as if the flow of costs and benefits were transformed to 2004 prices and 2010 prices to make them comparable with those foreseen at the time.
Economic and Financial Analyses of the Panama Metro Water and Sanitation Improvement Project II
The objective of the project is to increase the coverage, quality and efficiency of the water supply and sanitation services in low-income areas of Panama, and to support the modernization of IDAAN. The project consists of four components:
- improvement of the WSS in Chilibri;
- improvement of the WSS in Colon;
- institutional modernization of IDAAN; and
- project management
SEGURA Consulting LLC
Tel: (301) 469-4724