SEGURA has been awarded as a prime contractor one of the USAID MCW IDIQ contracts. The purpose of the “Making Cities Work” (MCW) contractual vehicle is to provide access to short- and long-term technical services, training, and capacity-building related to improving urban and local governance in five key functional areas:
- Public service delivery with an emphasis on transportation, water and sanitation;
- Autonomy, transparency, responsiveness and accountability of urban and local governments;
- Enhanced ability to adapt to climate change and improve environmental management;
- Improved disaster preparedness, response and recovery; and
- Improved urban and local government finance, creditworthiness and borrowing.